Share

Industry

Shark Shield Surf Anti-Shark Device Eaten by Shark

For those of us that were hoping that the Shark Shield would allow us to safely surf the sharkiest lineups in the world, there is a bit of disappointing news. Whilst being tested in South Africa, under the supervision of the Natal Sharks Board, a female great white ate a Shark Shield device that had been attached to a float. This has been the cause of speculation that the electrical fields designed to repel sharks might in fact attract them.

The manufacturer claims that the device does work but that due to the design it will only be effective while a surfer is stationary and waiting for a wave. If you are actually surfing, or paddling, you could be out of luck. At any rate, we cannot think of a more spectacular product testing failure than this one…

Source: The Australian

Share

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production